From New Delhi India to Overland Park, Kansas, Andy has been a pioneer in his industry by bringing his family business to the United States. Through his high-end jewelry business – he has developed, implemented, and executed sales strategies that generated a 46% increase in sales in one year, increased market share from 28 % to 35%, while reducing operating expenses.
Specifically, Andy made a strategic decision to maintain a product mix that focused on engagement and bridal aspect of the jewelry business; increasing revenues by 100% growth from 2009 to 2011 in tough market conditions.
He also added valuable designers such as Verragio, Scott Kay, Parade, Vanna K, Ritani as well as high quality merchandise to achieve operational excellence, dramatic improvements to quality, market positioning, and financial performance.
Additional key elements Andy used while changing the face of his jewelry company:
- Developed a loyal work culture that inspired employee performance gains.
- Envisioned and coordinated alternative market channels(designers) leading to branding Karats and increased market share
- Developed an engagement ring mix of Designers and Vendors that provide unique and one of a kind bridal rings and bands
- Oversaw the creation and development of strategic marketing events that resulted in high volume sales
- Created Board of Directors for Karats, city leaders and business professionals helping in growth for business success.